Electricity is derived from natural resources such as coal, ocean waves and wind. There are both conventional and unconventional ways of producing electricity, and an absence of electricity hinders our ability to complete our daily tasks. It is no exaggeration to say that a lack of electricity results in an immobile world.
As electricity is an essential part of our daily life, we need to keep an electrician’s number on hand at all times. An electrical emergency can cause damage, injury or even death if not handled in the right manner. For an uninterrupted electric supply, we need to maintain our electric lines. The longevity of our expensive appliances also depends on the electric lines.
Though the electricians in okc install lines using all necessary safety measures, accidents can still happen. From electrical shock to the fire, anything can put your family at high risk, so you should take precautions to prevent electrical emergencies. As those problems can take place at the drop of a hat, you should know how to act in case of emergency.
Here are some of the safety measures that you should follow:
1. Cut the power: When an emergency breaks out at home, it is always a wise idea to cut the power off from the main board. Trying to unplug the appliance or overturning the switch can be risky. If the wires are torn or the appliances are overheated, you should not touch them with your bare hand. Rather, as a safety measure, you can stand on a shock-resistant material like a dry wooden board.
2. Know your fire extinguishers: Keep one or two fire extinguishers in your home and train all your family members to use it. Be careful when choosing the type, as some of those available on the market can only be used under specific circumstances.
3. Practice safety: If a fire due to electrical damage goes beyond control, you should exit the building as soon as possible. Try to stay near the ground to prevent yourself from inhaling poisonous carbon-monoxide. Practice this exit strategy with your family regularly.
4. What to do if you don’t have an extinguisher: If you do not have a fire extinguisher and an electrical fire breaks out, try to suppress it with a blanket. Be careful while using water; it is best to request help from a professional before putting water on an electrical fire.
How to avoid an electrical emergency:
- You should always take good care of the electric lines and appliances.
- Turn off the appliances when they are not in use.
- Ensure that the smoke alarm is in working condition.
- Call an electrician in OKC and ask for tips. Take notes and follow all of them.
If you need a 24-hour electrician in OKC, call Prolectric. For any residential electrical emergencies, we are ready to help. The rescue team will arrive at your place quickly and provide the best quality service